Once you have scheduled an appointment with your heating and cooling dealer, it is a good idea to think about some things before the technician arrives at your home. The following checklist will help you determine what types of things your dealer may want to know, and help you to determine any questions you may want to ask.
- What type of system or products do you currently have? For example, do you have an air conditioning unit, heat pump, or a gas furnace?
- What level of importance do you place on indoor air quality? Conditions such as asthma and allergies should be considered in this decision.
- Are you interested in learning about high efficiency systems that may help you save money in energy costs in the long run, despite more expensive upfront equipment costs?
- Has your current system been operating to your specifications? For example, is your home warm enough during the cold weather months and cool enough during the warm weather months?
- What level of important to you place on equipment that is environmentally friendly?
- How long do you plan to keep your system?
Feel free to ask your dealer any questions that may arise regarding your specific system or the heating and cooling industry overall. Listed below are a few more questions you may want to ask the technician during their visit.
- Which 21 SEER heat pump or air conditioner is currently the best available?
- How much control will I have with an Infinity® Control?
- Does any of your equipment use Puron® Refrigerant?
- Do any of your products use easy-to-clean filters?
- Which of the HVAC manufacturers that you are affiliated with has been in business for the longest?
You may feel more comfortable by learning more about the dealer themselves. Consider asking questions such as:
- How long has your company been in business?
- How quickly is your company capable of responding to emergency calls?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Do you have proof of insurance?
- Does your company offer any maintenance or service plans?
- What types of payment do you accept and what are your billing terms?
- Can you offer any references of past clients that I could contact?