Health and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
While most people only associate their HVAC system with temperature, it is important to understand that it can also regulate the quality of the air you and your family are breathing. It is vital to your health that you are breathing clean air, especially for those with special health issues such as asthma and allergies. Fortunately, Carrier offers a number of products and services to ensure better indoor air quality.
Not only can dust, pollen, and pet dander create discomfort in the form of agitated allergies, but can also serve as an undetected cause of illness. More severe factors such as radon, carbon monoxide, mold, chemical fumes, and stale cigarette smoke can cause more severe health issues, making IAQ one of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s top health concerns. In fact, they estimate that the air inside your home may be 2 to 5 times dirtier than the air outside. The insulation used to seal your home from outside elements can trap air inside, which is then constantly recirculated through the home leaving you and your family in constant contact with the contaminated air.
While we may not be able to see or sense these contaminants, they are all around us each day. Air pollutants not only come from indoor activities, but also from the outdoors, coming into the home when windows and doors are opened. Each season also brings its own set of dangers, ranging from mold to pollen and other allergens.
In order to make the air in your home as free of contaminants as possible, Carrier offers a variety of solutions ranging from humidifiers, ventilators, and media filters to UV lamps, and air cleaners/purifiers. When used in combination with one another, they can help to cleanse the air in your home by killing any bacteria and mold that may be present, enhancing air flow, and minimizing any microbial build up which may be affecting your IAQ.
Carrier Indoor Air Quality Solutions
- Air cleaners, purifiers and media filters
- Wouldn’t it be nice to scrub the air after you’ve scrubbed the floors? Luckily, you can do just that by using a Carrier air cleaner, purifier and filter which frees your indoor air of pollen, bacteria, smoke, animal dander and other pollutants that exist undetected.
- As the seasons change, so does the balance of moisture in the air. Indoors and out, this imbalance may lead to skin and respiratory disorders. A simple humidifier is a quick and inexpensive solution to relieve some of the discomfort associated with swift changes in weather.
- Stale air not only smells disagreeable, it’s also a dangerous warning signal that the air inside your home needs to be quickly changed. In the event that opening a window to recirculate is not an option due to harsh weather conditions, ventilators can change your air from stale to fresh so you can avoid dangerous health risks while keeping your energy costs low.
- UV Lamps
- Your HVAC system does a wonderful job heating and cooling your home, but by its very design it must interact in a warm, damp climate within your evaporator coil. Warm and damp can lead to mold. A simple UV lamp ensures your unit is free of mold and can do it’s intended job efficiently.
- Infinity Control
- The revolutionary Infinity Control gives you unmatched access to every type of environmental control in your home. This thermostat lets you choose your air comfort and also monitors every Indoor Air Quality product you have installed, ensuring that your efforts to clean the air you breathe do not go to waste.